Starbucks is one of the most vegan friendly coffee shops in the nation.
Plus, with the plentiful supply of alternative, vegan milks and syrups, ordering at Starbucks is just plain simple.
Now there are a few things to remember like skipping the whipped cream and opting for soy, almond, or coconut milk, but we’ll get to the nitty gritty in just a second.
So with that being said, here’s everything that’s vegan at Starbucks.
Vegan Starbucks Options 2019
Here are some of the best vegan Starbucks options that you must try today, most of which can be made without having to make any major adjustments or substitutions:
Popular Vegan Starbucks Drinks
- All coffees (hot, iced, or cold brew)
- Caffé Latte (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Caffé Mocha (soy, almond, or coconut milk, and without whipped cream)
- Caramel Macchiatos (without the caramel and with soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Chestnut Praline Latte (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Chocolate Smoothie (without the protein powder)
- Classic Hot Chocolate (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Flat Whites (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Gingerbread Lattes (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Green Tea Lattes (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Hazelnut Mocha Macchiato (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Java Chip Frappuccinos (soy, almond, or coconut milk and without java chips)
- Matcha Lemonade
- Peppermint Mocha (soy, almond, or coconut milk)
- Pink Drink
- Strawberry Smoothie (without the protein powder)
- Violet Drink
Vegan Starbucks Frappuccinos
Here are all the vegan Starbucks Frappuccino options. Just be sure to order all these without whipped cream and with either soy, almond, or coconut milk.
- Caffé Vanilla Frappuccino
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino
- Espresso Frappuccino
- Green Tea Creme Frappuccino
- Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino
- Salted Caramel Mocha Creme Frappuccino (replace caramel sauce with caramel syrup)
- Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino (replace caramel sauce with caramel syrup)
- Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino
Vegan Starbucks Syrups
Generally all clear syrups are vegan. And even though it’s not clear, the mocha syrup is also vegan. Here are all the vegan Starbucks syrups:
- gingerbread (seasonal)
Vegan Starbucks Tea
Here are all the teas that are vegan friendly:
- black tea (iced)
- chamomile tea
- earl grey
- emperor’s clouds and mist
- full leaf
- green (iced or hot)
- hibiscus (iced)
- mint citrus
- mint blend
Vegan Starbucks Lemonades
Here are all the lemonades that are vegan:
- iced shaken black tea lemonade
- iced shaken green tea lemonade
- iced shaken hibiscus lemonade
- iced shake peach green tea lemonade
Now there are a few things you must take notice before you are ordering at Starbucks. Be sure to skip the cow’s milk and cream and opt for the following instead:
- soy milk
- almond milk
- coconut milk
Ingredients You Need to Avoid
Here’s everything that you must avoid when ordering at Starbucks:
- whipped cream
- caramel drizzle (you’ll find this in the Caramel Macchiato and Caramel Frappuccino)
- java chips (you’ll find this in the Java Chip Frappuccino)
- cinnamon dolce
Drinks That Can’t Be Vegan
Unfortunately, there are a few Starbucks drinks that can’t be made vegan mainly because there’s already honey or cow milk in there straight from the factory.
So with that being said, here are some drinks that you must avoid:
- white mocha (all drinks)
- caramel brûlée (all drinks)
- non-Teavana chai
- pumpkin spice (all drinks)
10 Vegan Drinks You Must Try Today from Starbucks
Here is a quick visual rundown of 10 of our favorite vegan drinks and menu items:
Deep and rich. If you need milk, opt for coconut, almond, or soy.
2. Soy Latte
If you hate soy opt for coconut or almond milk instead.
3. Pink Drink
Get it with coconut, almond, or soy milk. Plus, you can even opt for equally delicious Violet Drink.
4. Almond Mocha Frappuccino
Almond and mocha just go perfectly. Don’t forget to ask you barista for no whipped cream.
5. Cappuccino with Soy, Almond, or Coconut Milk
Always a solid choice.
6. Hazelnut Latte
If you need milk, opt for coconut, almond, or soy. Also tastes great iced.
7. Pike Place Roast
The OG coffee. Get it iced or hot and your choice of milk unless you like it black.
8. Green Tea Frappuccino without Whipped Cream
No whipped cream and you’re golden. Don’t forget to substitute the cow’s milk.
9. Matcha Lemonade
No substitutions needed.
10. Iced Vanilla Soy Latte
A classic masterpiece.
And for the complete Starbucks Vegan Menu, click here.
Enjoy and thanks for reading!
Please feel free to tell us your favorite vegan Starbucks drink by leaving a comment below.