Here’s our simple take on a vegan bahn mi using these delicious sweet and sour porkless bites by Gardein.
These porkless bites are delicious because they literally taste like meat. It’s insane!
And it’s perfect for a quick lunch that you can even make in your break room!
But remember, the key ingredient are the Gardein Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites! (see below)
Without this, or using any other alternative, this vegan bahn mi won’t be the same.
Plus you can get $1 off your own bag HERE.
So Who’s Gardein?
Gardein is a company dedicated in making delicious meatless foods that are better for your body and the plated.
All of their products are made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains, and veggies that will give the food a taste and texture of meat without the fat, calories, and cholesterol that comes with it.
Plus when it comes to saving the planet, by eating less meat, you’ll be saving water (it takes the same amount of water to make a burger as it does to shower for 6 months) while also reducing the greenhouse gases produced by the meat industry.
So basically it’s a win win!
Let’s get cooking!
Here’s what you need to make this deliciously easy and simple vegan pork bahn mi.
What You Need
- Gardein Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites (here’s a $1 off coupon)
- French Bread
- Mayonnaise (a vegan brand like Hampton Creek Just Mayo)
Here’s how to make the Gardein Porkless Bahn Mi:
- Place the Gardein Sweet and Sour Porkless Bites in a frying pan.
- Add sauce.
- Heat and cook, flipping continuously.
- While the porkless bites are cooking, dice fresh cucumber and carrots (the longer the diced pieces the better)
- Slice bread and spread mayonnaise on both side.
- Add the cucumber and carrot to the bottom half of the bread.
- Place cooked porkless bites on bread
- Then enjoy!
$1 Off Gardein Coupon
From April 1st to to May 31st 2016, you can get $1 off any Gardein product by using this coupon HERE.
O.g, those were so good. I thought I was eating real pork. I am against animal cruelty and happy to find this product so delicious.