Thankfully among most gluten free foods, cheese is the one that you can eat with confidence due to the fact that there is a very low chance of cross contamination.
However, there are still cheeses that you should keep an extra eye on, which you’ll discover below.
Gluten Free Cheese Listing
So with that being said, here are all the cheese types that you may need to pay extra attention to:
- Shredded Cheeses – some can be dusted with wheat based starches but if that’s the case, it’ll be noted on the label.
- Parmesan – some parmesan cheese like the ones in those green cans can contain wheat based filler agents which helps prevent clumping. As a result, you should opt for the parmesan that already in the block.
- Flavored Cheese – some cheeses that are flavored with ingredients like black pepper, spice mixes, or beer have a higher chance of containing gluten than normal cheese.
- Cottage Cheese – a limited number manufactures will use wheat based starch during production. But thankfully, the labels will state whether or not glutenous ingredients are present.
- Goat Cheese – some goat cheeses in Europe may contain rennet, which is sometimes made from glutenous ingredients. Thankfully, in the U.S. goat cheese is made with 100% gluten free ingredients.
- Blue Cheeses ( Gorgonzola, Stilton, & Roquefort) – some brands may use artificial mold grown on breads when making the cheese, but the gluten lives are well below the 20 ppm standard set by the FDA. Thankfully, Stella® Cheese is always gluten free.
My Gluten Free Holiday Salad Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make a tasty and unique gluten free salad featuring Stella Cheese that’s perfect for the holiday season:
- Salad Greens
- Stella® Gorgonzolla
- Dried Cranberries
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
All you need to do is toss them in a bowl and you’ll have yourself a quick and delicious salad that’ll only take 30 seconds to make (and possibly even less to devour!).
Whether if you’re just making this for yourself or making a large batch for your guests during any upcoming holiday parties, this salad is a perfect appetizer to share and enjoy!
Win a Trip to Napa Valley
Enter Stella’s amazing contest to win a $5000 trip to Napa Valley, CA wine country!